We become mothers and forget about our needs, dreams and hopes: family and children come first.
We feel the pressure of having to be always available for our little ones and we neglect desires and passions.
There is no single type of mom and above all there is no right mom . There are those who fully realize themselves as mothers full-time, and it is fine. There are those who feel the need to have something else outside the family, perhaps an own business to manage while staying at home, and it is equally good.
Realizing yourself outside the family does not mean being bad moms; being always available to every sigh of our baby does not necessarily make us exemplary mothers. If we accept to have the house in disorder and the children running around while we are working on our project, we can embark on an exciting new adventure, managing to manage both parenting and entrepreneurial work.
Take the road to freedom
If we realize that being a full-time mom isn’t for us, let’s not worry: it happens.
If we feel that we must realize a dream that we have been keeping in our drawer for too long, let us do it without hesitation, because it is our personal way to freedom. Freedom for us and our family. We must have the courage to embrace our uniqueness and take a first step towards realizing our business.
Often it is something that we understand in particularly difficult and hard moments, but it is precisely in those moments that we realize that nothing is impossible.
Find your way
With motherhood it often happens that we forget a little about living, we neglect our passions, our interests. Good news: there is still life beyond bottles and diapers!
If we had dreams and desires before becoming mothers, the time has come to resurrect the entrepreneur who is buried in each of us: this woman deserves all the attention of the world. To help us remember who we were before the bottles, let’s think about what we liked to do in our free time, what we were passionate about and what we were really good and gifted at.
Once we recover our past, let’s try to understand what attracts us now. What do I love to do? What am I passionate about? It is important that it is a passion, and not just a hobby, because passion is what calls us, gives us energy and drags us: we cannot ignore it.
A useful exercise is to take a pen and paper and write down our five greatest passions to which we will follow the list of ten activities in which we have a certain skill and talent. By putting together passions and talents it will be easier to understand what the best business idea to implement can be for us.
The first of 10 philosophies: Long-term thinking
There are ten philosophies, namely the principles that will help you walk your personal path to entrepreneurship.
The first is to think long-term, a philosophy that embraces three essential prerequisites: having an action plan, defining the ideal customer and choosing the right name for your brand.
- Have an action plan: to give substance to a dream it is important to start from the foundations, prepare well and think in the short and long term. The latter attitude allows you to always be ready and responsive in the most critical moments of the entrepreneurial path. It is essential to have an action plan also to know how to move to emerge among the competition. At the beginning you will set small goals, but at the same time you will focus on important goals in the long run, you will have to aim to be the best in your area. You can start with little, but with the idea of building something big and meaningful, of making your uniqueness shine. Among the objectives that you will have to set, it is essential that there is an economic objective: in order to be considered a business, it must foresee profits. It may seem trivial, but better remember it:
- Define the ideal customer : you can get extraordinary results by focusing on a specific customer niche. It is important to understand your audience’s needs well and what problems you can solve for them.
- Choosing a suitable name for the company : the name you will choose for your business, your brand , is important.
When choosing the name, keep in mind these elements:
- it must be simple, clear, possibly have a meaning;
- it must be suitable to communicate with your target;
- it must not be protected by licenses or rights;
- the relevant web address must also be available.
Do a thorough search on the net to see the use that is made of the name you have chosen, to avoid unwanted surprises. Take a test of satisfaction with people you trust and know that they will tell you the truth.
Also consider that it may be important to put your name and face in it: that is, give your name to the company. In general, we tend to trust more of a person than a brand. Your face, your name, your story, your personality, your voice are important for your customers and can effectively communicate your uniqueness and authenticity.
Some useful strategies to define your brand:
- make a list of words that describe the tone and culture around which your business revolves. These are the parts of you that you decide to present to others;
- define values and founding principles of your business: these will guide your actions and behaviors;
- make a promise to your customers, describing what they can expect by choosing your products or services,
- tell your uniqueness, what makes you different from the competition.
2/10: Be authentic without compromise
In the seemingly perfect world of social media, being authentically yourself is something quite innovative. If you want to have the attention of your audience, you don’t need a flawless home, well-behaved children and a supermodel physique; on the contrary, you must show something credible, such as imperfection.
You can only create a true connection with your community when you are authentic and true, when you share personal weaknesses and limitations. Maybe not everyone will like you, but this is excellent: you will select an audience that really respects and appreciates you.
Try to understand that you are the key to the success of your company, only you, in your authenticity, without pretense. People will love to relate to you especially when they perceive you as a human person in his imperfection. He will buy from you because he has seen you sincere and honest, capable of showing strength and determination, but also vulnerability and limits.
Try to understand your strengths well and work on them to expand them. Realize that there is room for everyone in the business world, just take your own space. It is like a cake that never ends: you will always have your slice if you want it.
3/10: Telling stories to connect with customers
Our brain is programmed to respond to the stimuli that stories and emotions give us: these are what make us sell.
When we buy something, we don’t really buy a product or service, we are buying an emotion, a feeling, a person, a story. We press the “buy” button guided by our instincts, rather than rationality. For this reason it is important to know how to tell authentic stories that capture the public’s attention and emotion.
You have to share the deep motivations that push you to do what you do, you have to explain your staff why . The more you can tell compelling and exciting stories, in which people can identify themselves, the more people will be eager to buy from you.