In this period in which the COVID-19 emergency forces us home, many businesses see commitments and deadlines slow down or, unfortunately, even stop.
So even small independent entrepreneurs find themselves in spite of having more free time, but in order not to stay with their hands it is possible to take advantage of digital tools to do some small action for themselves and their business, so as to start again with a new charge at the end of the emergency COVID-19.
Below we offer 5 things to do at home thanks to digital if you are an entrepreneur .
1. Follow online courses useful for your business
#IoRestoaCasa is the hashtag (and philosophy) that reigns right now, but thanks to the internet, you can comfortably follow training courses on marketing, business management, analytics and much more from your sofa. If it is true that you never stop learning, this is a good time to fill your gaps and return to work with a wider knowledge, which will surely be useful for your business.
- Google Digital Academy offers free training content for entrepreneurs. The topics range from online presence, to digital marketing and to the expansion of a business abroad.
- On the Digital Solidarity portal , born on the initiative of the Minister for Technological Innovation and Digitization, you can find language, project management and digital marketing courses offered by Italian institutions and schools.
- If you have a good knowledge of English, the edX platform (founded by Harvard and MIT) offers many online courses, some of which are free, offered by universities such as Princeton, Columbia, Caltech, Sorbonne, Oxford, and whoever has more. more put it.
- GoDaddy offers free online webinars. The first, ” How to increase the reputation of a brand with a corporate blog “, is already available.
2. Create your business website
Doesn’t your small business have a website yet? You now have time to run for cover. Nowadays many users search online before making a purchase, whether it is buying a piece of clothing, choosing which restaurant to go to (perhaps not during this period, but soon they will return to do so) and so on . Having a website is essential to intercept their searches and attract their attention to your business.
Take advantage of this period to work on the online presence of your small business starting from the creation of a website . Don’t worry if you don’t know anything about computer codes, you can find intuitive and easy-to-use website creation platforms online.
3. Create (or update) the social profiles of your business
Does your clothing store / restaurant / club / pizzeria / perfumery not have a profile on the main social platforms? It’s time to recover. Having profiles on social media allows you to be constantly in contact with your customers and to retain them , even in this moment when you cannot be physically close. Moreover, thanks to platforms such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you can keep customers updated on your business in this delicate period; for example, do you deliver at home? And how is it possible to contact you?
If you don’t know which way to start, here are some guides that will help you understand how to make the most of social networks for your business: